"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." TS Eliot

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

43

Today I decided to walk in a different neighborhood than Greenfield.  I chose Point Breeze.  It is close to the kids' school and very pretty.  It was the quickest solo walk I've done yet.  Quickest meaning the time seemed to fly and the walk was easier than most that I've done.  The streets are tree lined, manicured and most of all, flat.  I found myself becoming a bit envious.  No trash lined the streets.  No house appeared as though a dump truck of lawn ornaments crashed into it.  According to Pittsburgh Magazine, the median income is $93, 000 a year.  That explains a lot.  I sound petty here, of this I am well aware.  I live a life of immense privelage.  Americans on the whole are living pretty well.  But sometimes I just like to wallow in it.  Wallow then purge.  Above is one house I in particular coveted.


Otherwise, I just admired the more varied choices in landscaping.  I used to work at a greenhouse and do miss those days.
 5,428 steps, 59 minutes, 233 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment