"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." TS Eliot

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 28

Today's walk was COLD!  I took a walk in Frick Park before picking the girls up from school.  I walked the Tranquil and Biddle trails.  Molly came with me and was a running, splashing, muddy fool.  I walked for 57 minutes 5,072 steps.

The vet called and Charlotte is in kidney failure.  This most likely will mean subcutaneous fluids will need to be given daily to prolong her life.  I'm bummed.  She is such a wonderful cat.  I have her since 1996.  I
went to the local no kill cat shelter in Tucson, Arizona.  I picked out a very outgoing cat who I ended up naming Baby.  The shelter called and told me that Baby had a best friend and that I could have her for a two for one deal.  That kitty was Charlotte.  And thank goodness I agreed.  It turns out Baby is the high needs loud mouth type and Charlotte is the nurturing motherly type.  Without Charlotte, Baby might have been less than enjoyable.  I really wonder how Charlotte's illness and eventual death will affect Baby.  I know that Chad, the kids and I will be very sad.  But Baby?  She will be losing her bff.  That's not something I care to contemplate.  A girl needs her best friend.                                                     
 



3 comments: