"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." TS Eliot

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 27

Walk: 6,183 steps
1 hour and 8 minutes



 Today we are having a 70 degree day.  I went out on the early side to take full advantage of the goodness.  It is blustery and change is in the air, but I am grateful I had the opportunity to take advantage of the warmth.

^^See the chicken!  I was very happy to see that chicken and her friend.  Although their coop leaves something to be desired aesthetically, I enjoy seeing people take charge of their food supply. 

Today I thought about perfection and outward appearances while walking.  There is this commercial on TV, perhaps you've seen it.  It is for an automatic room freshener spray.  In it a stay at home mom is seen sort of fast motion gliding through her day.  Beautiful house, her look totally put together and gorgeous first thing in the morning, she spins and sends the smiling kids out the door with their backpacks.  Another spin and she is welcoming her buxom stay at home mom friends over for a delightful ladies lunch and coffee klatch.  The evening... well it's another spin and movie time with popcorn, dad, and the kids.  Sigh, isn't it heavenly?  And it smells great too!  I was imagining what an actual real day in my house might look like within that commercial.  See me struggling with my kindergartner to get her dressed for school.  Watch me spin as I dig through the hamper for her beloved "tight" pants that are the only pants she will wear to school, regardless of their cleanliness.  See me spin as I float through the house cleaning up cat vomit!  And voila yet another struggle over tooth brushing at bedtime to spin through.   I am not complaining about my little first world problems here. I am in fact so grateful for all the stuff I just listed. I just find the disconnect between what we want to portray and what we actually are kind of funny.

Recently on this blog I admitted to watching the Nancy Grace show as a guilty pleasure.  A friend thought I was brave (read crazy) for sharing that with the public.  But I feel like it's that stuff, our embarrassing moments, our imperfections, our love of loud abrasive southern attorneys who despise exploitation, that gives me the greatest joy in sharing.  The biggest belly laughs usually ensue.  That is truly the good stuff.

PS: That top most picture on the left are two of my kitties, Baby and Charlotte.  Charlotte is the calico.  She has not been  feeling well and today she went to the vet for a big old workup of tests and pokes and prods.  We are waiting on some results to determine what is the matter.  She is nearly 16 and I imagine whatever is ailing her is not good.  Keep her in your thoughts.  She is a very special animal who has taken good care of her buddy Baby for nearly 15 years and brought me a lot of comfort and joy in that time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment