"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." TS Eliot

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 2

Day two is another rainy day.  I wanted to complain about that but decided to be grateful instead.  When I was living in Tucson, Arizona in the mid to late nineties I longed for rainy days.  I wanted a day exactly like today where I could curl up under a blanket, read a book, feel introspective, and  cook something long and simmering in the kitchen.  The sun shines pretty much every day in the desert.  And mostly that's a good thing.  But there was always part of me that wanted to be back in Pittsburgh brooding through a rainy day.
http://www.sproutfund.org/
Today I took a short video of the mural the sproutfund put on Greenfield Avenue.  I love it. It really does improve the look of our main drag.   And I also took a video of the view of Downtown from Bigelow Street. 

I walked for 55 minutes (!) and 5,271 steps.  I was definitely dragging today.  Lately it feels as if I am being pulled in a thousand directions.  I am hoping things will slow down soon for me.  The weather forecast is calling for a possibility of 4 to 6 inches of snow this evening.  Maybe that will force us all to take a breather tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment