"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." TS Eliot

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 3



This morning I was woken up with a phone call from my mother in law letting me know that her town in Oregon was being evacuated because of a tsunami warning.  Her home is thankfully on high ground but she had to gather up her elderly mother in law and stock some supplies.  Her husband had to evacuate the hotels he manages.  This was all happening at 3 am their time.  I am praying for her and for all the people affected by the earthquake and tsunami.

Here in Pittsburgh it was a snowy walk this morning.  And I was grateful for the peacefulness of it.  I walked 5,809 steps in 58 minutes time.  The soundtrack included this fabulous song http://bcove.me/7858q2lm and it felt very appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment