"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." TS Eliot

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 8

Today was gray and there was a chill in the air.  I chose to listen to Edith Piaf on my ipod and pretend I was walking the streets of Paris. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRuLFR91e4  If I squinted my eyes tightly and...just kidding.  No one would mistake the streets of Greenfield for the streets of Paris. 

I found out about this book called "The Cocktails of the Ritz Paris" written by the very well regarded bartender there.  http://www.amazon.com/Cocktails-Paris-Colin-Peter-Field/dp/0743247523  One such divine concoction is called Serendipity which contains champagne, calvados, apple juice and fresh mint.  Give it to me please!  See photos here http://grantourismotravels.com/2010/05/02/serendipity-a-paris-cocktail-from-the-world%E2%80%99s-greatest-bartender/

Speaking of bars, there are several in my neighborhood.  Too many one might say.  The most mysterious one is the Win Green.  It has no windows and many signs advising that NOBODY under 18 will be permitted to enter.  It even has a curtain covering that little window in the door, how welcoming!  I took a photo of the door handle, which I actually love and puts me in mind of days gone by, it has that Art Deco feel.  Or something, art historian I am not.  I imagine illicit gambling and many burly men inside smoking cigars.  Surely they do not serve the Serendipity, more likely just Iron City on tap.

58 minutes
5,522 steps

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious. Let's go check it out. I'm not skeered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, but you walk in first

    ReplyDelete